Divorce is usually a tough process emotionally, so it's sorta like piling on to be going through a divorce, or any other litigation, and also have to deal with a Friday the 13th!
One of my favorite blogs is the Positivity Blog and they have a post today that doesn't mention Friday the 13th, but it seems like it would be good medicine for someone having a tough day. By the way, I think their ideas would also work on other days, but psychologically, some people may really worry about a Friday the 13th. If you're one of those, here are some quick ideas for trying something a little different to just shake up your life.
If you're just going through a divorce or other litigation, and you're having a hard time, these little steps might help get you out of a funk. Do something different and see if you feel better!
- Try listening to some music that you don't normally listen to on your iPod or whatever music source you use. Try classical, blues, classic rock, country, bluegrass, zydeco or some other type that you don't usually tune in to. You might really enjoy a little variety.
- Try eating a different kind of food if you go out to eat. Most people get in a rut and eat the same type of food whenever they eat out. Surprise yourself and your taste buds!
- If you cook, try a new recipe at least once a week.
- For a day, smile at everyone you see. They may wonder why you are smiling, and they may ask, but that's not a bad way to start a conversation. You'll notice a friendly response from most people.
- Stay off the Internet for a weekend. Go no tech. You will survive and you may discover an interesting new world co-existing with the electronic world.
If you have some tricks to beat the blues or break a bad luck streak, send us a comment. Otherwise, have a good time today in spite of it being Friday the 13th!