Contact Us Today 817-338-4633

Limited Scope Representation -- Specific Services

If you realize you need some legal help, but don't want an attorney to take over the case, call us. There are many ways we can help in a limited role.

Here are some ideas. If you have other thoughts on this, please call.  Make an appointment. We can be creative in how we help.

Do you want to represent yourself in your divorce?

That can work out acceptably if there is little or no:

  • community property,
  • real estate,
  • retirement benefits,
  • investments or debts. 

Hopefully, there aren't tax issues.

If you have significant amounts of any of those, you probably need help now or you will later to correct mistakes.

If you have children, it's very likely you will have problems because of all the detail required in the orders and all the issues to be covered.

The big stumbling blocks for you: 

Courts Don't Provide Paperwork:  Every case requires pleadings and orders. Each person appearing in a case must furnish their own paperwork.

"Common Sense" Doesn't Help:  What may seem like common sense to you probably won't work on legal issues. Simple and direct answers are rarely correct.

Bad Internet Information Leads to Bad Paperwork:  Many people get incorrect information from the internet and use it in preparing their paperwork. The result is incorrect pleadings and orders which may be rejected or may cause problems later on.

If you want to handle things yourself, but are open to suggestions, we are happy to meet with you, try to understand your situation, and help you prepare the paperwork correctly. Here's what we can do.

Help on DIY Divorce.

We can help with the following for Do-It-Yourself Divorces:

  • Prepare paperwork, including orders and court forms.
  • Advise you prior to mediation.
  • Review a proposed mediation agreement.
  • Review paperwork for a case.
  • Brainstorm with you on different solutions for your issues.
  • Represent you in a mediation — especially if there is an attorney for the other side
  • Go to Court with you to prove up a divorce or other court order.


Help on Other Family Law Issues:

We also help on other Family Law Issues, such as:

  • Calculating child support.
  • Represent or advise in pre-nuptial agreement or post-nuptial agreement negotiations.
  • Help resolve a grandparent access issue.
  • Help clarify Court orders.
  • Help correct Court order mistakes (when possible!).

For direct answers to your questions or for help in deciding the best way to proceed, contact us to make an appointment for a consultation.



Do You Want a Consultation to Get all Your Questions Answered?

Sometimes, people have questions about Family Law procedures,  preparing documents, or simply the meaning of certain terms. Even if you want to do as much as possible for yourself, you may have important questions you need answered. Plus, a very common situation is just wanting someone to look over your work to see if you missed something or worded something improperly.

We are happy to be hired to discuss Family Law issues, documents, and solutions. We don't have to be hired to take over a case. If you can handle a matter and want to, we can help your peace of mind by reviewing it.

In past reviews, we have found and explained problems about incomplete orders, timing, and overlooked issues.  We are often able to suggest better ways of dealing with situations. In many cases, just explaining how the proposed order works and what different terms mean have made a tremendous difference for our consulting clients.

Important Note: If you are already represented by an attorney, we cannot meet with you to discuss your case. If you are not represented, we are happy to help.

Why Aggressive, Mean Lawyers Will Cost More Money

Read More

5 Types of Divorce Processes

Read More

What to do if your Spouse Files for Divorce

Read More

How Can I Speed Up My Divorce?

Read More


How do I Prepare for Divorce?

How Can I Save Money in my Divorce?

How do I Break the News to my Spouse?

How Can a Father Win Custody?

When is the Best Time to file for Divorce?

How to Minimize Frustration in a Divorce

How to Get Started

Contact Us Today!

Please contact us at 817-338-4633 if we can help you with any of these or other issues. We will be happy to schedule a consultation to discuss your case.