How We Can Help
New Issues: Once a divorce or other family law matter is completed, the parties usually begin to feel a sense of relief. Sometimes the case has been bitter and hard-fought, and other times the case may have been amicable, but the case is rarely completely over. There always seem to be new issues, unanticipated wrinkles and nagging questions. It's often hard to seem how an order applies to a new situation. It takes a while to adjust.
What We Can Do: The Price Law Firm does several things to help our clients in their transition to living under new arrangements.
- Free After-Care Consultation: We can set up an after-care meeting for you once your legal matter is concluded. It is a free 1 hour consultation within 60 days of the date the final court order is signed, in which we:
- Answer your questions.
- Explain the language in the order.
- Explain the procedures in the order.
- Discuss your options.
- Recommend any other professionals who should be brought in.
- Suggest any changes you might want to consider in the future as the situation changes, i.e. the kids get older!
This is a time when expectations and hopes run into reality. We want to minimize the surprises that can occur after an order is in place. There are often things people have not thought about that could cause problems, but which usually can be dealt with. A calm discussion after the dust has settled is very helpful for you to transition to the next part of your life.
2. Other Professionals: We can help you find professional, skilled help for big and small problems. We are happy to recommend other appropriate professionals to assist our clients. If you think you might benefit from working with any professionals, give us a call and we will be happy to refer you to some appropriate and qualified helpers. For example, you may want to do financial planning or talk with a counselor or have your kids meet with a counselor. Here are some possibilities.
3. Finding Other Lawyers: We are also happy to act as a legal clearinghouse in non-family law matters to help you find excellent attorneys for your needs in Tarrant County, and to some extent all around Texas and even in other states. You may want to do estate or tax planning. You should probably redo your will, power of attorney and medical directives.
4. Information: We can recommend some books and web sites to look at on a variety of topics relating to various aspects of post-court life.
If you have other needs, be sure to let us know. We will help you find whatever assistance we can to help your transition.
At the Price Law Firm in Fort Worth, Texas, we take seriously how we offer services to our clients. With over 35 years of experience in family law, we recognize that many people have a difficult time after the final court order is signed. Their lives don't just magically fall back into place. We're here to help even when it seems like it's all over.